Tuesday, May 13, 2008

DC Trip, April 2008

One of the perks of Sam's new job as communication's director for Rep. Tiahrt is his need to spend time working in the DC office. In late April Eliana and I joined him for a week-long stay in DC. While he worked, Eliana and I visited friends in the morning and took naps at the hotel in the afternoon. Or rather, Eliana took naps at the hotel and I read the newspaper and anything else I could find stretched out on the floor, hidden from her view.

My dearest friend Nancy and I braved hoards of overexcited school children to take Eliana and Simona to the zoo. Here they are in the invertibrate building -- a favored spot for its tanks of water ("er!") and lack of crowds.


Sam and I took some photos of Eliana at Union Station. As you will see, the theme of the day was RUNNING.

Running!


Pausing long enough to point out the flag, one of her favorite items.



"Where is your hair?"



More running.


Spinning around.


Getting dizzy.


Making eyes at a friendly tourist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home