Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fourth Annual Enid Stover Poetry Reciation Festival

The Fourth Annual Enid Stover Poetry Reciation Festival was held in Manhattan Kansas on April 19, 2008. My Aunt Merrily and my grandfather - Papa - organize this event in honor of my grandmother, Nana. She was a poet and had an amazing gift for memorization. The festival invites poets to recite work from memory, although folks who read are also welcome to participate. This was the first year we'd be able to attend.

The day was beautiful. Sam and I recited some of the nursury rhymes we know by heart (learned as bedtime stories).

The pictures are of 1) my Aunt Merrily, 2) my Papa, and 3)my sister Jenny with her two girls and Me-maw Ann; 4) Dad spent most of the afternoon followng Eliana around the park; 5 & 6) Cousin Amelia, hiker in training; 7) Sam with the cousins.









1 Comments:

Blogger Connie Gotsch said...

I am curious to know where your Aunt nancy is. I roomed with her in New York backin the late 60s.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home